It’s true. Essentials oils can relieve pet allergy headaches. Unfortunately, most people don’t know which oils to use, or how to combine them for the best result.
Even more important, very few people realize that their pet is the reason for their frequent headaches.
The Real Problem
More than half of all American homes harbor unhealthy levels of pet “bio-residuals” (invisibly small bits of animal fur, dander, urine and saliva). Even if you don’t have pets, be aware that these airborne particles invade every indoor space. And if you’re allergic to even one of the contaminants, you’re likely to get bad pet allergy headaches. In fact, pet allergies give you 14 times the risk of developing migraines!
You probably suffer from pet allergy headaches if you notice that the pain starts soon after exposure to a cat, dog, or other household animal. These headaches are almost always the result of swollen, congested sinuses. They probably bring painful pressure in your forehead, cheeks and behind your eyes. You can also feel tooth pain, and your nasal mucus can be noticeably yellow or green.
It’s easy to suppose that pet allergy headaches are caused by the animals themselves. Actually, the real offenders are those pet residuals – sticky allergens that cling to the animal’s fur and skin until they dry and eventually fall off. At that point they become airborne, turning your home into a breeding ground for headache misery.
Of course there are a number of steps you can take to control this problem. But the ancient art of essential oil therapy is certainly one of them. The right essential oils, combined properly, can relieve pet allergy headache without the side effects linked to aspirin, antihistamines, other over-the-counter medications, or prescription drugs.
A Natural Relief Strategy
First and foremost, you could stop your pet allergy headaches entirely by eliminating the allergens that trigger them. But for people who love their pets, that’s never a welcome option. So, instead, you can try to eliminate A LOT of the contaminants produced by your pet. For most allergic adults and children that’s enough to provide relief.
As you develop your relief strategy, follow these tips:
- Use a HEPA (High Efficiency Particle Air) vacuum at least once a week and a HEPA air purifier daily. Experts say this alone can eliminate up to 99% of the airborne allergens in your home.
- Bathe your pet frequently with an anti-allergen animal shampoo.
- Treat your home regularly with Easy Air Organic Allergy Relief Spray to destroy allergens that pets shed on upholstery, rugs, carpets, drapes, pillows, and mattresses.
- Wash your bedding once a week, and use Easy Air Organic Laundry Rinse to get rid of headache-causing allergens that collect in sheets, pillowcases, and bedspreads.
And If a Headache Happens…
Try using essential oils for relief. In particular, combine essential oils of lavender, rose, and peppermint. All three are popular with licensed aromatherapists who use them to relieve migraine and other headaches. You can purchase essential oils at better natural food stores or at a naturopathic pharmacy.
You can also buy them online, but be sure you’re purchasing pure essential oils. In other words, you don’t want to buy essential oils that have been mixed with a “carrier oil.” These mixtures smell great, but they don’t have the medicinal benefits of 100% pure essentials oils.
Mix 10 drops of peppermint, 6 drops lavender, and 1 drop rose oil. Add the mixture to a small bowl of room temperature water. Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and roll it gently across the areas that hurt (forehead, eyebrows, temples, cheekbones, scalp and upper neck). Relief is almost instantaneous. And you can safely reapply as needed.
For an even easier solution, opt for a pre-formulated essential oil remedy, like all-natural Headache ReLeaf Roll-On. Totally organic, it blends purified water with menthol crystal (one of nature’s most powerful pain relievers) and essential oils of peppermint, lavender and rose. The result is fast, deep relief. Strong enough for the worst pet allergy attacks. Yet so natural you can use it to soothe headaches in children ages 5 and up.
In Addition, Try These 3 Treatments:
- Apply warm, moist cloths to the sinus area for 10 minutes to reduce inflammation.
- Irrigate your sinus cavities with a sinus rinse device. This will remove low-level infection and relieve the swelling that leads to headache and migraine.
- Breathe in steam to assist in opening up the sinuses. If possible, use distilled water.